January 9, 2013

Experiment #4 -- Soil Mix Additions JAN UPDATE

Updating  Experiment # 4 -- Soil Mix Additions




Optimara Bora Bora plants on 12/6/2012
Top: my mix with Happy Frog Soil Conditioner
Middle:  my mix
Bottom:  1/2 my mix, 1/2 garden loam
O. Bora Bora plants on 1/9/2013
Right: my mix with Happy Frog Soil Conditioner
Middle:  my mix
Left: 1/2 my mix, 1/2 garden loam

Comments: Both mixes with additives are doing better than my mix plain. In this case, the pot with loam added has more leaves and the pot with the soil conditioner have darker colored leaves.
Edited:
The goal for this experiment was to determine if adding some 'live bacteria and organisams' to my 'artificial' mix would give the plants some advantage.. maybe better able to absorb/use fertilizers, or keep soil fresh and neutral, etc.

No comments: