July 26, 2009

Update on the African violets

This blog was to include my African violets.... and, yes, I do still have them! :)
This is a photo of one of my TOP TEN varieties: (and if I could only have ONE AV plant, this would be it!!!)
Tiger Trail
(6897) 07/13/1988 (P. Harris)
Double bright fuchsia/pale pink back. Variegated, quilted, glossy. Standard trailer
The one below is new to me, but it is becoming more beloved, with every week she sends up even more buds!!

Ma's Second Thoughts
(9134) 05/31/2002 (O. Robinson)
Semidouble dark pink pansy/white edge. Variegated medium green and white, quilted, serrated. Standard

More photos later... I have approx. 90 leaves set, 75-85 babies transplanted, and new strep seedlings with buds!!!

Now, maybe you all will know why I haven't posted any 'new yard' photos yet this summer!!!! :(

No comments: