May 11, 2007

My Search For Harrington Varieties

I began my search for D. Harrington varieties in April by posting a request for information on several internet African violet groups. Wow, what a response! I have several vendors who are selling me plants/leaves, and the ever-generous members of the online groups have volunteered for more sales/trades!
The best part of all: I received an email from Delores Harrington herself! Besides the wonderful opportunity to learn more about this interesting person, I received a box of leaves directly from the lady herself! Here is a photo of the leaves, set on May 10th!

I gave them the best spot on the light stand, and they are in my 'most trusted' leaf-starting domed greenhouse!
This is my pet project this year, so I will be posting updates!

No comments: