I have literally spent most of each day: reading, studying, and figuring on this house! I did not know that I would have to learn so much about how a house is built, set up, insured, and 'up to code'!
Here is a general schedule, according to the two notebooks that I have completely filled with writing:
- June 15th on: 2 hours a day --- reworking floorplans and scale drawings, and trying to figure out if we can afford this!
- July 15th on: 4 hours a day --- on phone with house salesmen and negotiating prices, began work on state and local permits
- August 1st on: 6 hours a day --- began talking to contractors, surveyors, and county sanitarian --- ordered house, signed contract... began clearing ground at the house site
- September 1st on: 4 hours a day --- changing foundation plans, working on floodplain requirements and the surveyor's report, ordered cistern, etc., and hired a contractor... on the phone ALOT!
- October 1st on: MY WORK IS ALMOST DONE! I can't wait for the contractor and my husband to begin work on their part of the 'new house'!